Top 10 Style Resolutions for 2015 January 12 2015, 0 Comments
A new year means a new beginning and what better way to start fresh than with a new style!
1. Define your signature style. Look back on 2014 and think about the outfits that stand out in your mind. What did you like about them and how do they reflect your personal style? When you make purchases, think about if the items fit in with your new signature brand. This will give your closet a cohesive look and feel and it will make dressing super easy because everything will mix and match perfectly. Here at Urbanization we have pieces that suit any signature style, from boho, minimalist or classic sophisticated we've got you covered!
2. Out with the old, in with the new! Clean out your closet and identify all the clothing and accessories you don't wear anymore. Have some friends over for a closet swap or make some extra cash by selling online to sites like Twice or Threadlip. Begin building your wardrobe with clothing and accessories that fit into your new signature style.
3. Dress for yourself! Stop worrying about what others think about your style and wear what makes you feel happy and comfortable.
4. Fill the holes in your wardrobe. Do you often feel like you can’t achieve the look you want because there are some key pieces missing in your closet? The ladies at Urbanization are experts in putting together a complete look and can help you identify what you need to achieve your ideal wardrobe.
5. Investment pieces are worth the splurge! Trends come and go but there are classic pieces that you will wear season after season. Here at Urbanization we carry staple items like denim, sweaters, moto jackets and basics that will carry over year after year.
6. Get out of your style rut. If you keep going back to the same comfort pieces get out of your comfort zone and try something a little different. You may find that it's your new favorite!
7. Learn how to properly care for and make your favorites last longer. Nobody enjoys doing laundry but you may be damaging your favorite articles of clothing by throwing them into a hot wash. Harsh detergents and dryer heat can shorten the lifespan of delicate fabrics. Take the time to read the care label and hand wash in cold water when needed.
8. Complete the look with touches of detail. Small touches make a big difference to completing a look. Add jewelry, layer necklaces, add a scarf or a beanie to add some interest. And don't forget to pair your favorite bag with your outfit!
9. Look for versatility. Get more mileage out of your clothing with versatile pieces that can be worn for multiple types of occasions. Learn how to outfit and style your clothes for work and play.
10. Lastly, take care of yourself. We live in our bodies everyday and it’s important that we treat it right. In relation to style, a healthy glow is one of the first things that people notice. Eat healthy, drink water and take care of your skin with natural products.
Here's to a stylish, happy and healthy 2015!
Lot's of love from the ladies at Urbanization!
Copy credit: Gennifer Rose
Photo credit: Jennifer Harpe and Gennifer Rose